Tuesday, February 3, 2009

New Addition to Baroque Series

This past summer I had the good fortune to watch this Andalusian stallion strutting his stuff during an evening performance at a draft horse event we were exhibiting at. I took a break from the booth and to my delight he was at liberty in an outdoor arena getting some exercise and playing with his handler. I had never seen anything like it before.

I just finished the piece recently in time for another event we were attending called Horsecapades. It was a benefit for the Cowboys Up organization which uses horses for equine assisted psychotherapy. The event had a great lineup of costumed riders and horses performing to music.

My favorite was an Andalusian stallion called Acierto who does amazing maneuvers around his person/owner while at liberty. I can't wait to go through the photographs to see what I got. I am hoping for a good shot of him rearing.

Bye for now,
Susan

No comments: