Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Horse as Teacher Book: Status Update


Signed copy of Horse as Teacher Book
plus free 5" x 7" equine note card: $19.95


I want to start off by thanking everybody who ordered a copy of the new book Horse as Teacher: The Path to Authenticity. I have been touched by many of the thoughts that you have shared with me.

When I arrived home from my vacation I was surprised to find the shipment had arrived and was waiting right inside the door. I have since sat myself down and read all the other contributing author's stories and I am amazed with the quality of each and every chapter. I don't know why I should be but I tend to be a bit of a critic and the only criticism I have is WOW!

I want to share part of the foreword with you. It is written by Mark Mottershead, the founder of HorseConscious.

"The stories in this book are a perfect illustration of today's spirit of the times. Yes, on one level they are simple stories of love, trust, and honesty, which will make you smile, laugh, and cry in turns. At the same time, they tell of the transformations that are now taking place on a personal and global level. Each person within these pages that took the leap of faith with horses to a brighter future is a trailblazer and role model for us all. Their evolution is our evolution. Their story is our story....They have become a human herd, where the group mission is as important as any individual's message. The power of community is clearly demonstrated in this collection of authors."

So there you have it! I couldn't say that quite as eloquently and why reinvent the wheel when Mark did such a fine job!

For a limited time (and who knows what limited time means!) I will be including a free 5" x 7" note card of one of my beautiful prints, suitable for framing, with your signed copy of the book. This makes a great gift for any horse lover in your life or yourself!

Place your US order via secure PayPal by clicking here now!

Place your INTL order via secure PayPal by clicking here now!

Other Horse as Teacher News!!!

Remember the series I created for a relationship project? Well I certainly do. I don't think I gave away that it was for the second HAT book on leadership. If you remember, I submitted 4 or 5 images and my favorite was the black and white horse. Kathy Pike, co-founder of the HAT project, called me last week to tell me that they were going to use one of my pics! Woo hoo! The HAT project has made me an author and also now I have my first book jacket. Can you see my smile? I am just grinning from ear to ear because I believe in this book with 100% of my being. I just love being part of a progressive visionary group of people who are working to make a difference in our world.


This project has turned out to be much more than I could ever hope for and I am forever grateful for the amazing assistance I had from Kathy Pike (Coaching With Horses) and our editor and co-founder Marilyn Schwader (Clarity of Vision). Thank you ladies for your tireless efforts!

Without the team, err I mean herd, effort this project would have been impossible. Imagine keeping ten of us organized. HA! LOL!! Glad it wasn't me. Imagine all the ear pinning and neck snaking needed to keep us on track! :)

Yours in the dance,
Susan
windhorseOne Studios
www.windhorseone.com

No comments: