Monday, June 22, 2009

New Work

I have been working in some new colors and also with heavier brush strokes than normal. Call me crazy but I half woke up in the middle of the night and felt like I was being instructed to add color to my work! So I have been experimenting and having a blast!

This weekend I am taking a class at Anderson Ranch in Snowmass CO where I will be working large scale and adding text and painting on photographs. My goal is to start making large one of a kind pieces.


Additionally I created these two bull pieces which I will make large 40" prints of. This is a first for me so I am excited to see how they fare. I will be showing at the art festival in Aspen in mid July so I will introduce them there. Heck, this is a cattle state and some people love cattle as much as they love horses. I don't normally photograph cattle but I took this bull when I was in Andalusia, Spain.

Now I have to come up with a generalized name for this new work.........

No comments: