Friday, April 3, 2009

Medicine Horses; Equine Experiential Learning

I just finished a week long equine experiential learning program at Medicine Horse Program in Boulder Colorado. Their mission is to enhance the mental health and life skills of youth, adults, families, and groups through therapeutic interaction with horses.

The six day program (EFLC Level One training) was taught by Kathy Pike, founder of Coaching With Horses. She is an Epona certified instructor and also a career coach from Carbondale CO. Kathy is also a co-founder and one of the ten co-authors in my new book Horse as Teacher: The Path to Authenticity Through Horses.

All I can say is wow! The transformational power and magic of the horse to teach and heal is nothing short of amazing. One of the powerful tools I learned was how to use my senses like a horse. I left the workshop feeling as though new doors had been opened. One of my goals was to deepen my connection to horses and transfer it to my art. Lets see what happens!

Have a great weekend!
Susan
windhorseone Studios
www.windhorseone.com

No comments: