Monday, April 27, 2009

windhorseOne Studios: News & Ramblings

Well it has been a while since I have blogged. Lots has happened including a four foot snow storm a little over a week ago! Power was out for three days and the phone and internet were out for four. What a goopy mess it is up here.

I have been receiving lots of good news back from the assortment of juried shows I have been busy entering. PZask Gallery in CA is taking three of my pieces for an exhibit called Spirit of the Horse. I was really happy about that! They were shipped out and hopefully will find happy new homes!

Saturady I received news that one of my pieces was accepted in the fine art division of the Equestrian Photographers Network Equine Ideal contest. This one really excited me because my work tends to look more like paintings and most of the work in the contest is traditional photography. The photography is really great so I advise checking it out. There is an amateur and professional division and you can vote for your favorite photograph. Check it out and click here! After the voting is complete I will find out where my image, baroque Three, placed amongst the ten.

Today I learned that the one piece (spiritus Seven) I entered into the Western States Horse Expo Equine Dream Art Show was also accepted. The jury fee was $35 per image - YIKES - so I only entered one and kept my fingers crossed. spiritus Seven was also one of the three that just shipped to CA. Good thing we photographers have editions of our work or I would be out of luck on that one!

Last week all my new note cards were finished and they look great. The hard part is deciding how I want to box the sets. I am thinking of 6 cards, 2 of 3 different images....

My summer schedule is starting to fill in with art festivals we will be attending. We decided to stay in CO this summer. So far we will be at the Denver Fine Art Festival, Boulder 29th Street, Beaver Creek, and Aspen. I will post the dates when I am not too lazy to look them up!

The horses are shedding so I will be gearing up to do some commissions soon. I can't wait!

I think that is it for what this artist has been up to lately!

Bye for now and thanks for reading!
Susan

No comments: