Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Spiritus Series

I was busy today sorting through a lot of the images that I have created lately wondering where they belong in the different bodies of work I have created. Sometimes it feels like I have started a whole new series before really completing an existing one. That is the great fun of being an artist! I always follow my inspiration and rarely have a preconceived notion of what the finished piece is going to look like.

This piece was patiently waiting in one of my many folders. I have worked on it off and on again for about nine months and was never quite satisfied with it but today I was able to bring it close to completion.

The traveling art show season is about to begin and I have lots to do to prepare for it. I start off the season at Dressage for the Cure in Colorado Springs this month. The show runs from April 24th to the 26th.

There are also plenty of juried exhibits all clustered around this time. I wish there was some sort of standardized size for these things! It is tedious resizing the images all the time. It is a good thing I never tire of looking at the horses I create!

Cheers,
Susan
windhorseOne Studios
www.windhorseone.com

No comments: