Sunday, March 22, 2009

Back from New Mexico and Arizona

Where do I start? Today was a long road trip from Durango to Morrison but the scenery was glorious! It is too early to go to sleep and I am too tired to read and I had no idea how I wanted to return to blogging. After a nine day road trip into New Mexico and Arizona I have returned weary but quite content.

This piece is a bit of a departure for me and I am not sure how I feel about it. I don't normally choose to work on pieces that have so many horses in such close proximity.

I started working on it a while ago and I am not certain if it is finished but I wanted to post it as a tribute to my road trip and New Mexico artist John Farnsworth. He paints amazing oils of horses on larger than life-size canvases and there are always many horse heads close together. It was a pleasure to visit his gallery in Taos which made me think and dream that one day maybe I will have my own gallery too! Not to mention giving me the inspiration to post this piece.

Susan
windhorseOne Studios
www.windhorseone.com

No comments: