Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Save America's Wild Horses: Get Involved!

Stop the Mass Murder and Imprisoning of Thousands of Wild Horses & Burros

Normally every morning I start out my day catching up on emails and doing all the marketing stuff I need to do (when I would rather be with my horses or working on my art!). Alas it is true, a good percentage of time is spent doing things we would rather not be doing! But I am writing this out of my own passion and desire to help our wild horses and their history.

Today I responded to a call to get involved in the future of America's wild horses by emailing Secretary of the Interior, Ken Salazar, and the BLM to stop the slaughter and confinement of America's wild horses and burros. I encourage all horse lovers to get involved also.

Madeline Pickens, wife of billionaire T. Boone Pickens made a proposal last year to adopt all of the 33,000 horses contained in pens (prisons) by the BLM. She has currently reached a snag in her proposal and is looking for support. There is an email to Salazar that is already drafted with a small area where you can add comments if you like. It only takes a few minutes of your time and I encourage each and every horse lover to join this noble campaign.

To take action click on the image above or this link:http://capwiz.com/madeleinepickens/issues/alert/?alertid=12943361&type=AN.

To read more about Madeline and her cause please visit her website: http://madeleinepickens.com/

To quote Madeline: "The horses need your help."

Many thanks for reading!
Susan
windhorseOne Studios
www.windhorseone.com

No comments: