Monday, March 23, 2009

Photography Masters Cup Nominee

I just received news that I was a nominee in the third International Color Awards Photography Masters Cup Wildlife category! I don't know how many entries there were but I do know they had so many that they postponed the announcements from Dec. until March so they could jury all the submissions from all over the world. The judges were from pretty lucrative publications so this is very exciting for me!

Check out this link:www.worldphotographicarts.com/photoshow/colorawards/3rd_gala/presentation/nominations.php?x=p&cid=54 to see some amazing wildlife photography from all corners of the world.

The fees were high because I missed the early entry so I only entered one image and it made it in! Woo hoo!! I did do my homework and look at the type of images that made it into the past years events.

This unusual image was pretty much as shot except I darkened the background a bit. The pony had just rolled and was getting up which is how I was able to capture the mane standing straight up and the clumps of dirt flying. If you look closely you will see he has one blue eye.

Susan
windhorseOne Studios
www.windhorseone.com

No comments: