Sunday, March 1, 2009

The Windhorse


I have always been drawn to horses with unusual markings and blue eyes. There is something very surreal abut blue eyed horses and dogs for that matter. There is a mystical quality to this horse and I imagine him carrying a Shaman or Native American medicine man. That is just what popped into my head as I was writing this. This could possibly be the start of a new body of work since I am not sure where it fits in with my other work. New directions; I love it! The creative process is such an adventure and I never know where it is going to take me.

This week I have been reading "She Flies Without Wings; How Horses Touch a Woman's Soul" by Mary D. Midkiff. It is a beautiful book with stories about how horses capture the hearts of young girls and women. It explains so eloquently the mystery and process of how many of us who are horse artists and equestrians alike have identified with the horse. We all know there is a special connection but there are several aha moments in the book. It took me back to my horse crazy childhood.

Happy March! Spring is on its way and along with that the large CO spring snowstorms. It has been a dry winter here so I hope we get some good storms to keep the mountains moist and the fires away.

Susan
www.windhorseone.com

No comments: